MyHeritage has announced it is launching a new (and amusingly named) podcast to be called “Blast From My Past”.
The podcast will feature true stories of people whose lives have been changed by what they discovered through MyHeritage about their family’s pasts — whether it was a close relative they never knew existed, the key to unlocking an old family mystery, or a newfound connection to a long-forgotten legacy.
The first episode, “The Secret of Ereikoussa,” tells the story of Yvette Corporan, a bestselling author and Emmy Award-winning producer who set out on a quest to confirm the extraordinary story her grandmother told her: that the Greek Island community where she grew up conspired to hide a Jewish family right under the noses of their Nazi occupiers.
Listeners will follow along as Yvette digs for clues, and, with the assistance of MyHeritage CEO Gilad Japhet, makes discoveries beyond what she had ever imagined.
Some of the stories Blast from My Past have lined up for this season include:
- A journey to the world’s most far-flung locations to preserve the endangered legacies of remote tribes
- A project to reunite adoptees around the world with their birth families through free DNA testing results in a number of touching reunions
- A soldier who earned an Iron Cross for his service on the German side in WWI, only to be driven out of Germany by the Nazis and earn a Silver Star fighting for the Allies in WWII
- A pair of sisters, abandoned as babies at the same train station in South Korea and adopted to families on opposite ends of the globe, who discover each other through DNA testing
- A pair of Colombian half-brothers, adopted in different countries, who found each other through DNA testing — but whose discoveries didn’t stop there
With audio production by award-winning agency Listen, Blast From My Past is presented in first-person narrative format, with no host, giving center stage to the protagonists. Each episode will focus on a story, or a series of stories surrounding a common theme, and will run for a maximum of 30 minutes. The first season will include eight episodes, to be released once every two weeks.
Blast From My Past is now available for streaming and download on all major podcast platforms — and of course, it’s entirely free.
How to follow and listen:
- Click here to follow and listen on Spotify.
- Click here to follow and listen on Apple.
- Tap here on your mobile device to follow and listen from your favorite podcast app.
- You can also follow and listen on your web browser by clicking here.
Table of Contents
Win a MyHeritage Complete Plan
Blast From My Past will be choosing three of their podcast followers to win a MyHeritage Complete Plan, which includes unlimited family tree size, access to over 16 billion historical records, priority customer support, and much, much more.
To enter, just comment on the podcast launch page here – that you’re following the podcast on one of the podcast streaming platforms. MyHeritage will notify the winners on Sunday, March 13, 2022. Good luck!