The U.S. Census Bureau is holding a pre-release webinar to give the media and data users an overview of 1950 Census records set to be released from the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) on 1st April 2022.
The webinar will highlight statistics from the 1950 Census, provide historical context showing how the 1950 Census was conducted, and provide information from the NARA on how to access these records when they become available to the public and what resources are available now.
The webinar will consist of a simultaneous audio conference and online presentation. Information on accessing the online presentation is provided below. A live Q&A session with subject-matter experts for media, stakeholders and partners will immediately follow the webinar. Accredited media members will be given priority for questions.
Table of Contents
Monday, 14 March 2022 at 1 p.m. EDT.
- Sharon Tosi Lacey, U.S. Census Bureau, chief historian
- Marc Perry, U.S. Census Bureau, Population Division, senior demographer
- Claire Kluskens, National Archives and Records Administration, genealogy/census subject-matter expert and digital projects archivist
- Jewel Jordan, U.S. Census Bureau, Public Information Office, public affairs specialist (moderator)
The webinar will consist of a simultaneous audio conference and online presentation. Attendees do not need to call in to hear the webinar audio. Accredited media members will be given priority for questions. Please dial in 15-30 minutes early to allow time for registration.
- WebEx event number (if needed): 2763 313 9394
- WebEx event password (if needed): Census#1
- Passcode: 2555685